PG Diploma in Food Processing and Nutraceuticals (BiSEP)
About the Course :
BiSEP is the second cycle of the original Biotech Finishing School programme which was started in joint collaboration of KBITS, Ministry of IT, BT and ST, Karnataka and DBT, New Delhi .PIMS after completing five successful years of the first leg of Biotech Finishing School, has been selected again for the second round. PIMS is one of the 12 Biotech Finishing Schools in Karnataka.
- Under BiSEP, PIMS offers PG Diploma in Food Processing and Nutraceuticals.
- The course’s duration is 12 months that is bifurcated into 6 months of academic teaching and 6 months of industry internship.
- The course is sponsored by the Dept of Biotechnology, New Delhi and students receive monthly stipend of Rs 10,000 for the whole duration of the course.
- The course is aligned according to the industry requirements and focuses on preparing the candidates for various job roles in the industry.
- The college has MoU with over 15 food processing companies in and around Bangalore to place the students for internship.
- The students undergo a rigorous training programme over six months in the college.
PIMS is one of the 12 Biotech Finishing Schools in Karnataka
Recognition & Accreditation
Recognized by Government of Karnataka.
B.E./B.tech in Biotechnology or M.Sc in any life science related subject. The candidates have to appear for an all-India online entrance examination conducted by KBITS, Karnataka.
Food processing sector in India is undergoing a transformation currently with advent of FSSAI. The industry is looking set for growth and needs skilled people with knowledge of various aspects regarding quality control, quality management, food safety, hygiene, regulations etc. The students of PIMS under this programme have been placed in food companies such as Nestle, Himalayas, MTR, Maiayas, Paper Boat, and so on. Opportunities lie abound in the food processing sectors across all domains such as vegetable and fruit processing, dairy industry, processed, ready-to-eat food industry, beverages and so on. The candidates get job roles based on the quality sets in QC, QA, Food Safety Officer, Production Manager, Product development and R&D.
Course duration is 12 months (6 months academic and 6 months industry internship).
Affiliated to Bangalore University.