Biotechnology Skill Enhancement Program (BiSEP)
A first of its kind Flagship initiative by Dept. of IT, BT & Science & Technology, Government of Karnataka and supported by Dept. of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, Recognized by Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE)
- Students are provided with 100% internship in BTFS and others are referred to various industries for jobs.
- PIMS has MOU’s and Tie-ups with 15 industries and 54 Industries offered internships
- Master’s degree in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology or any branch of Life sciences or B.E / B.Tech in Biotechnology or Bioinformatics, Bachelor of Pharmacy, Agriculture or 4-year degree courses in any branch of Life Sciences with a minimum of 50% of marks.
Duration ( 2 semesters):
- I Semester: 6 months of Academic coursework at the Institution by BiSEP faculty and experts from Academia / Industry.
- II Semester: 6 months Industry Internship
- Production managers,
- Packaging Technologist,
- Food Analyst,
- Food Technician,
- Quality Control -Manager,
- Quality control officer,
- Quality assurance officer,
- Food auditor,
- Product development technologist,
- Research officers,
- Business Executives,
- Scientific officers,
- Food safety supervisor,
- Sales and marketing executives.
The Journey of BTFS:
The fast-growing biotechnology sector has been facing a severe shortage of industry-ready students. In an effort to fulfill the needs of the industry, the Karnataka government in association with the ABLE and Industry representatives has developed a mechanism to provide employment opportunities in the sector.
- Padmashree BTFS is one among the 12 institutes selected by Government of Karnataka
- Only Institute providing training in Nutraceuticals and Food Processing
- Successfully completed 5 batches with high placement record.
- Regular industry visits and industry mentorship is provided
- All PIMS BTFS students presented posters in Nutra summit and Bangalore India Bio Conferences
About the Course:
Two-semester program with 6 months classroom teaching, followed by 6 months industry internship.
Students are trained extensively to be industry ready.
This course is also sponsored by Government of India DBT (Department of Biotechnology) and provides a fellowship of Rs.10,000/– per student per month for 12 months.
Organised a Workshop on “ Corporate Communication and Soft Skills ”